[Wylug-discuss] Linux NAS advice.

Rob Speed rob at robspeed.net
Mon Jul 15 09:09:59 UTC 2013

Morning,

You could always try a second hand QNAP, if necessary boot from a USB
stick on which you've installed the flavour of Linux you fancy using.
Slax is quite neat from a USB stick.

That all said, a Pi with and attached USB drive or two would also work.
I'm working on a solar-powered pi (currently sits in an old ice-cream tub
with the Mono-cells glued on the outside and a 12v battery I bought from
Fleabay) - but a quick trip to Maplin would get you all the things you
need.

HTH

Rob.