[Wylug-discuss] One Laptop per Child becomes One Tablet per Child

tim at weberpafrica.com tim at weberpafrica.com
Sat Feb 22 20:12:26 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

An interesting piece. I have worked on ICT projects in developing countries
for some years. The biggest problem with projects like OLPC is ensuring
that the units really get to the children.

One of Uhuru Kenyatta's election pledges in Kenya was to ensure that every
school child had access to a laptop. However the project has got mired in
corruption and malpractice and I really doubt that any child will ever
really get the benefits of this as everybody creams off their own bit of
the budget.

Thanks
Tim

On 22 February 2014 12:59, Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> http://sleepypenguin.homelinux.org/journalism/?p=440
>
> This was published a long time ago but it's still a good read.  How
> the OLPC project started and how it's changing.
>
> --
> Richard
> www.sheflug.org.uk

Course View Towers,