[Wylug-discuss] One Laptop per Child becomes One Tablet per Child

Tim Schofield tim.schofield1960 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:47:33 UTC 2014

On 23 February 2014 20:51, Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
> wrote:

>   I try to avoid any conflict.
>
> I think this conversation has wondered a long way from WYLUG :)

However I would just say that

the desire of most westerners involved in aid to avoid conflict actually
encourages corrupt practices. In my experience a lot of westerners involved
in aid to Africa are so scared of having the race/colonialism card used
against them that they turn a blind eye to corrupt practices. Many African
friends have told me that they will use this against westerners if they
feel that their affairs are being given too much scrutiny.