[Wylug-discuss] A new linux user group

Darren Menachem Drapkin darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 11 10:29:27 UTC 2014

It will probably be based in a Community Centre Boardroom which is
similar to  the Boardroom in Broardcasting House with, wifi avalable, tea
and cakes provided for a price,and possably some unused hardware to
work on.

I also expect to have some new computer users from the Leeds Jewish
Community who are not too keen on going to a pub.

If we can prove numbers we will be able to get some kind of  cash grant
to further our aims.

Given this, I expect to be able to attract a better class of speaker who
will be expecting expences to be paid.

On Monday 10 March 2014 17:10:01 Martyn Ranyard wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> Not to sound discouraging, but what gap does your new user group
fill
> that WYLUG cannot/does not?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Martyn
>
> On 10/03/14 15:55, Darren Menachem Drapkin wrote:
> > A new linux user group will be set up in the coming months, based
> > at the jewish community centre in North Leeds. If you have any
> > suggestions, or wish to join in, please contact me by email.
> > darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com Darren Drapkin
> >
> > If you want a copy of this message I will be at the meeting tonight
> > with strips of paper(gasp horror)

Darren Drapkin