[Wylug-discuss] Exciting new role! Senior Linux Sys Admin

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Sun May 18 12:57:34 UTC 2014

On 16/05/14 11:00, Matthew Scupham wrote:
> We were wondering if you would be able to recommend a friend or
> colleague for the role below?

this idiot's company claim that spamming mailing lists isn't something
they generally deem appropriate:

https://twitter.com/consortia/status/467999654517682176

I've forwarded the email to them as requested, noting that sending such
unsolicited commercial email to personal email addresses is a breach of
the UK's Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and is liable
to a fine up to £5,000.

Also pointed out that this has no-doubt reached many tens of thousands
of personal email addresses.

Having had past experience of recruitment companies though, I don't
expect much more from them of course.

John.