[Wylug-discuss] [Bradford] Help please: Command line client wanted for XMPP/Jabber

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Mon Jan 12 17:13:18 UTC 2015

Hi Brian,

The popular IRC client, irssi, has an XMPP plugin. The Debian/Ubuntu package
name is irssi-plugin-xmpp. You could then use irssi triggers to relay the
messages to something else, and if you ran it in a screen session, you could
also stuff commands into it.

There are also Perl and Python libraries for talking XMPP, if you wanted to do
something more specific.

Best regards,

James