[Wylug-discuss] New to Leeds Need to find a LUG

Andrew Glass andrew.glass at icloud.com
Wed Jan 28 19:10:22 UTC 2015

Hey guys

Great to hear from you although disappointing that the group meetings seem to be in hibernation :(

I will check out Bradlug however I would like to try and get a local meeting going again :)

Im not the most experienced with linux however from previous meetings Ive picked up some good pointers and made new friends back at Durham LUG.

Would anyone like to start getting together again?  Ive spoken to a local pub on Harrogate Road in Alwoodley called The Lord Darcy and they would be happy to have us take up a corner of the room with tables for a few hours to meet chat have drinks and use their free wifi :)

They said a Monday evening is their most quiet which would probably be ideal??  I said initially it would be for around 15 members just so we get enough table space? I didnt arrange anything yet as I dont know if anyone would be interested ??  If you are interested could you let me know, also could we decide on a date?  Since BradLUG is on the second Monday of the month could/should we choose an alternative Monday?

Let me know your thoughts - you could also help me by discussing the requirements of setting up a LUG :)

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Many thanks

Andrew