[Wylug-discuss] last nights meet

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:09:47 UTC 2015

was fun - cheers folks.
Thanks Andrew for cloud/vm demos.
David, I hope those answers on apps to help you make a couple Linux
Lappys primary machines work out.
Darren, I just had a read up on the Science Festival at Bradford:
http://www.britishsciencefestival.org/
That's an interesting and diverse set of talks they have going on.

I'm trying to track down that reference to a Manchester OpenStack
conf/summit I thought I saw mentioned last week - will post a link if
I find one.

I mentioned last night a (what I thought was) cheap
power-over-ethernet hub I'd come across (can be very handy for the
occasional hacker board that does have PoE capability), and then voila
it dropped into my intray again - here:
http://www.ebuyer.com/583348-d-link-dgs-1008p-8-port-gigabit-poe-unmanaged-desktop-switch-dgs-1008p-e

4 of the 8 ports provide PoE by the look of it.

Looking at the calendar, the last Monday in August is the bank
holiday, the 31st. I suspect I would not be able to make that - so I
propose our next meet be Monday August 24th if there are no
objections.

 Graham