[Wylug-discuss] Monthly meeting on Mon 29th June

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:14:59 UTC 2015

Thanks Darren - beat me to it...

I had a thought today for discussion - something that popped up in one
of the articles in my inbox - given that many/most/all on this list
probably use Linux as their primary machine - what is the most, err,
'awkward' day to day task under Linux for you? I'm definitely *not*
trying to start a flamewar here - just more curious where the sticking
points are still with getting Linux on the desktop. My corporate
environment is MS, but I work on Linux and generally Linux machines as
the home desktops. Ones that spring to mind for me:
 - How do I get the family iPhone photos downloaded
 - Is there an as usable replacement for Visio for diagramming
(whenever I give Dia a go I get frustrated - but it does seem to have
been improving over the years).
 - recently I did some flyers in scribus - which was pretty good apart
from font oddities and the occasional hangup :-(

I should be there Monday 29th,

 Graham