[Wylug-discuss] viop clients that aren't skype

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 13:16:28 UTC 2015

On Monday 02 March 2015 13:01:20 Darren Menachem Drapkin wrote:
> <
> https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/812894-best-voip-clients-f
>or-linux-that-arent-skype/ >
>
> I have been having a go at installing linphone on Slackware. It is quite
> difficult to install due to the large number of dependencies. In the
> process I got the above url in my news feed. It is about linphone and its
> kind.

I used to use twinkle which is now dead. My current client of choice is ekiga,
which works well with out Mitel 3300 systems.  Having said that, I don't use
it extensively, and I don't use it remotely as living in the sticks, my
broadband isn't up to such things.

It also installed painlessly on Fedora if I remember correctly