[Wylug-discuss] FLOSSUK Spring Conference 2015

Tim Fletcher tim at night-shade.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 00:01:35 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Some of you might already has seen this even from the FLOSSUK publicity
so apologies is this is old news. FLOSSUK are running their annual
Spring Conference, 24th-26th March 2015 in York this year.

I am part of the committee that are organising the event and as a local
Linux User Group I have arranged a 15% discount code if people from
WYLUG want to go. The code WYLUG gives for 15% off the costs of the
conference.

I am giving a 1/2 day workshop on practical digital forensics. You will
get to see how you extract evidence from an iPhone and a laptop, as well
as getting to analyse the images yourself.

Register at: http://flossuk-spring2015.eventbrite.co.uk

Full details for the conference are below, any questions drop me an
email directly and I'll do my best to help.

** Location **

This year's Spring Conference will be held in the historic city of York, at:

The Hilton York, 1 Tower Street, York YO1 9WD

** Programme **

Tuesday 24th March – Workshops

Wednesday 25th & Thursday 26th - Conference

*** Workshops ***

Google - Large Scale System Design' - Full Day

Shadowcat Systems Limited - 'Zero to Perl' - Half Day

Tim Fletcher - 'Practical Digital Forensics'- Half Day

Book early to avoid disappointment at the workshops, as spaces are limited.

*** Conference ***

2014 Best Speaker Winner Wim Godden returns with:

Intrusion detection through backups (and other security tricks)

2014 Best Lighting Talk Winner Mark Keating is also speaking on CPAN
with his talk:

'Who's The Pan'

Other Talks accepted to date:

Julien Pivotto - Shipping your product with Puppet code

Stephen Quinney - Intrusion Detection using the Linux Audit System

2nd Quadrant - State of PostgreSQL Database 2015

Toshaan Bharvani - Virtual Machine Lifecycle Management with Anisible

Kenneth MacDonald - Kerberos – Protocol and Practice

Bernd Erk - Open source Monitoring with Icinga

Mark Cairney - Federated Access Management

Stu Teasdale - Beyond Blue-Freen: Migrating a legacy application to CI
and the Cloud

Peter Tribble - Creating Tribblix

Richard Melville - An Introduction to Btrfs

Pieter Baele - Linux centralized identity and authentication
interoperability with AD

Mark Keating - Who's The Pan

Nick Moriarty - Puppet as a Legacy system

David Proffitt - Enhancing SSH Security & Utility

More talks and events will be announced in the coming weeks. For more
information please see: http://www.flossuk.org/Events/Spring2015

Book your place now for the main conference!

**Sponsors**

This event is proudly Sponsored by:

Google - Silver Sponsor
ELIGO Recruitment - Bronze Sponsor