[Wylug-discuss] the non-circular wheels bike guy

Rob Speed Rob.Speed at bbc.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 16:00:02 UTC 2015

Yep - agreed, see you there.

From: wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk [wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk] on behalf of Graham Whaley [graham.whaley at gmail.com]
Sent: 31 March 2015 16:45
To: Darren Menachem Drapkin
Cc: wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Wylug-discuss] the non-circular wheels bike guy

:-) Just in case somebody is thinking Darren just spammed us - this
briefly came up at last nights meeting.
Having a quick look, I see, the trick is that the wheels are constant
width, but the bike design does not use a 'central' hub, but instead
the frame rides on the tops of the wheels, and hence does not bob up
and down (as you might expect on first thought). Weird.

I enjoyed the meet last night. We talked a little about Docker and
containers, but mostly about other Linuxy items and stuff.

According to my calculations the next 'last Monday of the month', and
hence meeting, will be April 27th. Do we concur?

 Graham

On 31 March 2015 at 16:22, Darren Menachem Drapkin
<darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Retired Chinese military officer Guan Baihua has designed a bicycle with
> non-circular wheels of constant width. Some people think that this is
> bollocs, but there are many non-circular constant width curves.
> --
> Darren Drapkin

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in