[Wylug-discuss] BBC speeds up TCP video streaming on Linux (paraphrase)

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:46:02 UTC 2015

RobS, is this you and yours?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/12/linux_networking_api_showing_its_age/

something we can discuss at the next meet maybe. I'd be interested if
it is just the buffer share/zero copy that gets the major speedup, or
the buffer batching, or the reduction in syscalls and context switches
- or a combination of all three.

If I remember I'll also bring along some hacker boards for folks to
stare at - an early Minnow version (now generally surpassed), an ARM64
Dragon 410c I just won and a MIPS CI20 for comparison. All run Linux.

 Graham