[Wylug-discuss] Setting environment variable for service in Debian

David Morris david.morris at 3gtelecoms.net
Thu Oct 22 09:59:30 UTC 2015

Thanks Graham,

I had found that but it doesn't seem to work. I tried adding
PYTHONPATH=mypath
export PYTHONPATH=mypath

to the /etc/default/freeswitch file (which already existed), but when I
restart my service freeswitch it doesn't seem to have the pythonpath set.
The settings file already is included from the init.d/freeswitch script
using "[ -r /etc/default/$NAME ] && . /etc/default/$NAME"
If I quit the service, set my shell PYTHONPATH and then run freeswitch in
my shell (not as a service) then it does have the variable set correctly.
Any idea?

Thanks,

David