[Wylug-discuss] Wordpress is nagging me

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 21:30:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-22 at 20:31 +0100, Darren Menachem Drapkin via Wylug-
discuss wrote:
> Can someone who has the ftp credentials for www.wylug.org.uk please
> bring some, and we can update the wordpress binaries, from a room in
> the
> Adelphi. Won't that be fun!

hi Darren,

the wylug blog is on one of my servers - I don't think it was ever
actually configured for ftp, so I just downloaded the update now direct
to the server (and the wp-polls plugin update too). It only took a
minute and it all looks successful.

Hope you don't mind being robbed of the "fun" of doing a wordpress
upgrade :)

I do actually plan to move it off the current server and onto a server
of its own at some point, which would be easier to configure with ftp
(and ssh acces) - so you can be a bit more self-sufficient. But I don't
at all mind keeping it up-to-date though - I just need a prod when you
get a notification, or need a plugin installing or whatever!

John.