[Wylug-discuss] [MASSMAIL] Not wanting to start a distro war

Martin Rowe dbg400.net at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:25:48 UTC 2016

There were quite a few oldies (and some younger ones) about when I first
went along in Oct '99. The Christmas meals were always good too!

I'd recently switched to Linux starting with Mandrake (5.3, aka RedHat 5.2
with KDE), but switched to Debian the following year. I've stuck with
Debian for servers, but moved to Ubuntu for desktops/laptops. Wylug is
still the only place where I've seen a phone turned off by throwing it
across the room - nice one Rob :)

I really enjoyed the various talks, even if the subject matter was beyond
me a lot of the time. Family commitments meant I had to drop the Monday
meetings not long after they moved venues from the Uni, so I'd be up for a
reunion meet.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  http://www.dbg400.net
AS/400 | iSeries | System i Open Source/Free Software