[Wylug-discuss] I was there and missed you

David Morris david.morris at 3gtelecoms.net
Mon Jun 6 10:54:27 UTC 2016

Hi Darren,

Good idea about finding a venue in Leeds.

What about The Adelphi? It's walking distance to the train station and
there's a pay and display car park opposite the pub which is free after
6pm. They have local cask ales, plus different snugs/areas. I think Martyn
Ranyard has experience meeting there for the Leeds Wearwolves group a few
years back and it's where Leeds PHP Meetup takes place. There's not really
much of a beer garden looking at their website, but they have a concreted
area at the back which can seat 20.
It would be a good location for people to get to, especially compared to
the Darcy.

Alternatively we could try using the workspace at the Open Data Initiative
in Leeds? They're At Munroe House
https://goo.gl/maps/4743NV6o4Wz
Normally there's a charge to use their workspace for events, but maybe they
would provide an area for us to try it, and then I could ask BetFred if
they want to sponsor us by paying for the workspace meeting. It's a longer
walk from the train station, and no beer.

Regards,

David