[Wylug-discuss] Lightweight (old hardware) distros....

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:15:33 UTC 2017

iirc, was somebody (David?) asking about lightweight distros to maybe
support old hardware (I'm thinking more old as in short on grunt and
resource, rather than deprecated architectures and instruction sets
like 386 and 586 etc.).
This just fell across my intray:
https://itsfoss.com/lightweight-linux-beginners/

The one I was thinking of in the pub was Lubuntu (the last lightweight
one I tried - worked fine a year or two back). The article lists 10
distros - the 'lightest' it says being peppermint...

cheers,
  Graham