[Wylug-discuss] Btrfs home server

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue Sep 19 20:56:03 UTC 2017

HI Scott

SUSE have been using btrfs for the root partition for some time and they
introduced it to openSUSE with the current round of releases. But their
partitioning is fearfully complex to the extent that some users without
sufficient understanding of how to manage btrfs, including myself, have gone
back to Ext4.

If someone has openSUSE with the default btrfs, it might offer a template.

Possibly the openSUSE documentation at https://doc.opensuse.org/ might throw
some light on how they use it.

John