[Wylug-discuss] Btrfs home server

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Fri Sep 22 11:26:56 UTC 2017

Hi John

Thanks for the info. Yes I think a separate OS disk would be best. BTRFS is quite a complex beast when you use it for more than a basic setup. I have been trying lxd with dockers in them and took me ages to figure out that an unprivileged container was the issue with docker getting permissions.

I ended up getting 2 used server disks on eBay Seagate es sata3, so will see how they workout for me. SMART says they both have over 2 years left in them.... We will see.

Where did you get the ssd's from, any feedback of a good brand to look out for?

Thanks

Scott

PS I found irc #btrfs handy for problems, specifically someone irc nickname darkling - really knowledge on it.