[Wylug-discuss] meetup group closing?

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 12:06:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

I got a message on the meetup system from someone who turned up last
month for the meeting but couldn't find any members. Having meetup
autoschedule meetings is convenient but obviously bad if there isn't
actually a meeting!

So I've deleted the scheduled meetings in meetup, so now there is just
the wylug group there without any meetings for now.

https://www.meetup.com/West-Yorkshire-Linux-users-group/

I'm not certain of the status of the actual group at the moment, as to
who (if anyone) is heading up organising the meetings. If there is
someone, could they give me a shout and I'll make them an owner of the
meetup group so they can manage it.

Obviously we don't need to keep the meetup group, and as David said
previously, he's not certain if it actually directly encouraged anyone
to come anyway. Just let me know one way or another!

Thanks,

John.