[Wylug-discuss] Wylug mailing lists

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.cloud
Tue Feb 19 17:26:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

The Wylug mailing lists have pretty much fallen into disuse, and
additionally the (I think) three remaining people who have been admining
them no longer really have any links with Wylug.

The mailing lists run on the Lug.org.uk infrastructure.  Although the
mailing list part of this still appears to be working, it looks like the
website has gone and been replaced with a link into the Internet Archive
copy of it from a year or so back.

Would anyone like to take on admin for the current set of lists? - I do
have an admin password for the lists themselves, but no access to the
hosting server.  We can request the Lug.org.uk admin team to change the
aliases that info messages are sent to etc.

However I suspect looking at the Lug.org.uk website it might well be
time to move to another form of communication as I think the services
there may well disappear in short order.  I certainly have had no
contacts with any of the people I know from there in around 5 years.

In terms of mailing list infrastructure, its a batch of (old) Mailman
instances.  The domain name is owned by someone, but I am not sure who -
thats got a year until it expires.

     Nigel.

--

[ Nigel Metheringham --------------------------- nigel at dotdot.cloud ]
[              Ellipsis Intangible Cloudy Technologies              ]