[Wylug-help] Debian newbie

DrAVLeBlancLeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk DrAVLeBlancLeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:00:37 +0100

Richard <r.ibbotson@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> You should be using Netscape 4.75 or above.  There's a wopping
> security hole in 4.73 which means you can't use it.

The current version of netscape base on potato is
netscape-base-4, version 1:4.75-1.  I think this is later than the version
on the CDs.  I see there are also netscape-base-475 and netscape-java-475
packages as proposed upgrade packages on the Debian mirrors.

By the way, there were problems with the first release of the
potato CDs, in particular CD number 2, of which a new image has been
released last week some time.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk