[Wylug-help] Dns Servers

AndrewJohnsonlinux@drivecomputing.co.uk AndrewJohnsonlinux at drivecomputing.co.uk
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:19:55 +0100

This isn't truely a Linux question, but...

[root@email /root]# dnsquery -n 158.152.1.58 -
tNS drivecomputers.co.uk

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR,
id: 61014
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3,
AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 3
;;      drivecomputers.co.uk, type = NS, class =
IN

drivecomputers.co.uk.   11h50m3s IN NS
auth00.ns.uk.insnet.net.

drivecomputers.co.uk.   11h50m3s IN NS
auth01.ns.uk.insnet.net.

drivecomputers.co.uk.   11h50m3s IN NS
ns1.drivecomputers.co.uk.

auth00.ns.uk.insnet.net.  3h30m8s IN A
194.177.160.57

auth01.ns.uk.insnet.net.  3h39m19s IN A
194.177.170.57

ns1.drivecomputers.co.uk.  3h50m3s IN A
213.38.89.68

Does anybody know why our nameserver is listed
at the end (and sometimes in the middle)

an Internic lookup shows our server at the top
of the list and we are listed as the primary for
the domain.
If I was to make a change to our DNS and re-
start it, would that change take place straight
away? should the primary receive the query first?
I realise it will take time for secondarys to
catch up.

-Andy-
Andrew Johnson, Technical Consultant
Drive Computer Services
Tel +44 (0)1924 280388 Extn 223
Fax +44 (0)1924 280117
Mobile +44 (0)7970 284594
Email : andrew.johnson@drivecomputing.co.uk
{
The contents of this communication (plus any attachments which may be
included along with it) are solely intended for the individual(s) and/or
group(s) listed as a recipient above.  None of the contents should be relayed
in any form to any third party without the prior consent of the author.
All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.
}