[Wylug-help] Image processing software

GaryStainburngary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk GaryStainburngary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:16:53 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From:	peter nix [SMTP:p.j.nix@leeds.ac.uk]
Sent:	Wednesday, July 26, 2000 4:14 PM
To:	WYLUG-Help
Subject:	Re: [Wylug-help] Image processing software

>I've a few hundred tiff files (scans of photos) which I want to
>mass-process with a script[s].
>
>In particular I want to
>
>know how big each tiff is (x*y pixels)
>resize each tiff
>translate  each  tiff to photoshop, gif, and jpeg controlling the
>quality-loss where applicable
>and if I'm really lucky, vary gamma contrast and colour balance
>
>All suggestions of suitable programmes/utilities welcome,
>tia,

DISCLAIMER: I have never done, nor even looked at this.

I seem to remember someone mentioning using the gimp as a command
line util in a script.  I could be wrong, but it may be a good idea
to look there.

>Peter
>
>p.j.nix@leeds.ac.uk  Music/Fine Art, University of Leeds,
>Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.  Voice: 0113 233 2580/5279 Fax: 0113 233 2586
Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk mailto:gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.org.uk mailto:gary.stainburn@revcom.org.uk
Murphy's Laws: (327) Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it.