[Wylug-help] My PC can't see my mouse

GaryStainburngary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk GaryStainburngary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:53:20 +0100

Hi all.

I all, my PC's lost it's mouse - I've held it up to the monitor but it
still can't see it.

Last week Kudzu (or whatever it is) said that I had removed my Generic
Serial Mouse and asked did I want to remove the configuration.  I said
No. It then said that I'd added a new generic serial mouse and asked if
I wanted to add it. Again I said No.

I have since then used the Windows method of unplugging the mouse and
rebooting.  Kudzu then saw that it was missing and removed it.  I then
plugged it back in and rebooted.  Kudzu saw it and put it back in.

However, I still don't have a mouse in console more or in X.

I've looked at the /dev/mouse which points to /dev/ttyS2.
It looks just like other (working) systems.
I've checked the X config file and all looks fine.
I don't know how to check the gpm config so I can't say anything about
that.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk mailto:gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.org.uk mailto:gary.stainburn@revcom.org.uk
Murphy's Laws: (327) Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a
fool will use it.