[Wylug-help] Networking Linux PCs

Philip Wyett philipwyett at dsl.pipex.com
01 Dec 2002 19:02:18 +0000

--
On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 17:56, John Hodrien wrote:

<big snip>

> > Well my complaints about KDE & Gnome as they stand are too long to
> > mention here ;) .... but again they've been buggered around with by RH
> > for the sake of `usability', well to my mind software that's been
> > buggered around with tends to end up less usable as it's inevitably
> > got a smaller userbase and has ended up having bugs introduced into
> > it.
>
> So nothing in particular then?

:) I agree with John, that there is nothing in particular here.

Gnome 2 is great, but it's only great because of the work of Red Hat
developers have/are doing eliminating bugs - not introducing them.
Recently it has been found the design of the Gnome 2 menu editing was
not just unfinished but has some major flaws, which Red Hat developers
are actively participating in re-designing and fixing.

Gnome/KDE is free software and as such is available to be modified and
changed (buggered with) at a developers or companies choosing, as long
as you make the changes available under it's license terms. Red Hat do
this this willingly and IMHO, if people don't like it - tough!

Regards

Philip Wyett

--

AIM: PhilipWyett