[Wylug-help] Networking Linux PCs

Ricardo Campos corez23 at linuxmail.org
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:57:08 +0000

Hi guys... here's my tuppence...
I have tried Redhat, Debian and Gentoo (not to mention NetBSD and FreeBSD).=
 I have found that they all have their benefits and their downfalls, and re=
ally you can't compare unless you've tried a ports system, dpkg AND rpm. *P=
ersonally*, having tried other systems, I very much doubt if I will use an =
rpm based distro again if I have to. As for brokenness... any distro with g=
cc2.96 as the default compiler is broken IMHO.. but that' historical now.

It is also true that it's different horses for different courses, and that =
certain systems are suited for certain jobs and for certain people. One of =
the major strengths of "free" software is freedom of choice. Vive la differ=
ence! Also, this thread is no longer about Networking Linux PC's, so please=
 rename the subject, especially if you start flaming ;) cos then people can=
 avoid it if they can.

And yes my line wrap's broke. Working on it ;)

Ricardo
http://www.linuxmail.org/