[Wylug-help] Now: Distro wars

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:38:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, David Pashley wrote:

> What about mandrake?

As a previous mandrake fan, I can't recommend 9.0 for newbies.  Too much
doesn't work out of the box.  For example the installer failed to test the X
config before moving on, the graphical printer setup doesn't work right with
LPRng, and I've had one install where the boot config panel in the GUI
wouldn't display at all.

jh

--
"...you died a good death if your life had inspired someone to come forward
 and shoot your murderer in the chest, without asking to be paid."