[Wylug-help] jdbc

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:34:53 +0000

On Saturday 07 December 2002 10:07 am, Frank Shute wrote:
> If you haven't done any Java then I'd really recommend a book,
> & certainly if you haven't done any OO programming.
>
> I'd recommend `Understanding Object-oriented programming with Java'
> auth: Budd pub: Addison Wesley.
All I want to do is connect OpenOffice.org to a database (actually, what I
want to do is help non technical people in schools do this) - so programming
is out of the question. They already know they can click a few bottons to get
ODBC going, so I've got to make it look as easy as that!

On Monday we will install JREs on some client machines and try to get things
going.

I'll report back.

Cheers
--