[Wylug-help] FreeBSD and MySQL

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:16:40 +0000

Hi Folks,

I'm a confirmed Linux and PostgreSQL man and I'm quite happy with this.  I can
manage fairly complex (for me anyway) data models using views, referential
checks and look-ups, left/right inner/outer joins etc.

However, I've got a feeling that I'm going to get volunteered to develop an
app on a hosted box running only MySQL on FreeBSD.

I'm imagining that the Perl and PHP stuff  will be pretty much portable, but
can anyone think of any pitfalls or gochas that I may come up against.

--
Gary Stainburn