proxy ARPing - was Re: [Wylug-help] Possible IP subnet conflict

J Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:31:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Any specific instrunctions on this would be appreciated.  Also, how did you
> get it to do the IP forwarding?

The entry for sysctl was correct as posted by someone else before.  Other than
that, you just need iptables rules for the forwarding.  Something like:

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -i eth0 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 2 -i eth1 -o eth0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j \
ACCEPT

Although in your situation you might trust the external interface more than
that.

jh