[Wylug-help] Backing up files...

Dawn iverson ailiminguk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:24:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, probably a really stupid question but:

I've just bought a new computer and want to install
mandrake 9 on it. I have an older version on this
computer. Before i do this, I want to back up all my
files though. Last time I did this, I just copied
files to a floppy and thought it would be ok. When i
tried to put the floppy in again with the fresh
installation, it said I didn't have permissions to
access the files and I couldn't get at them!

How can I backup essential stuff without this problem?
I can network the two computers together if that's
easier, as i have a spare hard drive on the new one..

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
dawn