[Wylug-help] Windows manager and low resources consumption (and gnome/KDE applications under blackbox)

Corrado & Rina c.topi at bradford.ac.uk
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:49:57 +0100

Concerning swalowing Gnome applications, I noticed that, whenever you
launch a Gnome application under blackbox (as Galeon, Gimp, Gnumeric),
the oafd server, which is launched by the application does not kill
itself when the application is closed by the user.

When you launch a KDE application (as Koffice), the dcop server (and the
kinit) are launched with an option, which automatically shuts down
itself when the user closes the application (but, sometimes, not when
the user kills it with kill -9)

Did anyone notice the same thing ....