[Wylug-help] Email line wrapping question

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:21:47 +0100

Thanks again,

Now I know it is called "quoted printable" I find the problem is
trivial(ish).  I happen to be using Python to handle this problem.

There is the Python email module, which has decoding powers.

A bit of code like...

msg = email.message_from_string(text)
for part in msg.walk():
    print part.get_payload(decode=True)

seems to do the job, given that the text of the email is in "text".

It parses the headers and deduces the encoding type, and extracts the data.

I am getting more and more respect for Python!

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley@ee.leeds.ac.uk