[Wylug-help] make error

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:00:00 +0100

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 10:20:50AM +0100, david wrote:
> --
> I've been trying to compile a program and get the error :-
>
> /user/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lreadline
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The linker is complaining that it can't find 'libreadline.so.whatever'.
That would usually be installed in '/lib', I expect, but try doing
a 'locate libreadline' to see if it can be found.

If you haven't got readline installed you'll have to find a suitable
package.  There must be Suse packages available.

   qef

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,