[Wylug-help] HP PSC 2100 Series Office Jet

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:58:33 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Dave Fisher wrote:

> N.B. I've also tried bog standard BSD lpr.  I'll try CUPS if anyone can
> assure me that they have actually had success with it.

If you want it to 'just work', I've found cups to be amazingly painless.
Worked first time for every printer I've tried, and supports all of the
functions on every printer too.  Lexmark are nice enough to provide PPD
drivers that give you access to all specific printer functions (duplex, n-up
printing, halftoning options, paper feed....).

Closest to yours I've had working straight away was HP 970cxi (duplex inkjet).

> As far as scanning is concerned, xsane etc simply tell me "no devices
> available", but dmesg reveals the following:

Sorry, no experience on this front, due to only having an unsupported devcom
parallel affair.

jh

--
"Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination."
                                                     -- E E Cummings