[Wylug-help] Readonly option in hdparm

Thomas, Nicholas nick.thomas at eldon.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 13:59:17 BST 2003

Hi, thanks for taking my question seriously.
I forgot to mention that I have an IDE drive, no SCSI drives.

I have tried the keep settings (-k and -K) to hdparm but they don't affect
the readonly status after a reset/reboot.
Also checked the specs for the drive but I cannot find any details regarding
this feature. It may be "undocumented" info which we may be able to squeeze
out of the Maxtor Rep - I will ask them.

In any case I need to investigate if this can be done using compact flash +
IDE adaptor.

But I will try to diable pin 23 on my hard drive caddy and see what (if
anything) that does.

Thanks

Nick