[Wylug-help] Samba Problem

John C johnc at ukzone.com
Fri Aug 8 16:21:55 BST 2003

I have samba setup as a server for 10 computers without any problem.
And another on for two computers
If you have httpd and named running I suggest that you stop them both (unless you have a good reason for running them).
Invariably when a server takes time to respond it is down to dns.

hth

John C

At 11:30 05/08/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>As a new user to Linux I'm having a major problem which I hope someone may
>be able to help with.
>
>I have RH9 running Samba service
>We only have about 12 PC's all running W2k
>There is no security on the Samba.conf, and all users are set up as
>Administrator
>
>When browsing on to the Linux server from my pc I have no problem!
>
>But, when anyone else uses it (and it's got everything on it now and is
>live!) they have major problems with speed - ie. in moving around the
>directories
>
>It can take a minute or more to open a directory, this is causing SEVERE
>frustration!
>
>I look forward to any comments.
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew Foster
>
>Samba V2.27 (I think!)

  Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

        http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
        http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

        Over 70,000 visitors a week