[Wylug-help] Newbie tutorials was Re: [Wylug-announce] Newbie tutorials

Philip Wyett philipwyett at dsl.pipex.com
10 Feb 2003 11:15:45 +0000

--
On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 15:42, David Morton wrote:With Wylug making
substantial efforts to help Newbies, would it be possible to
have some basic tutorial sites listed on the home page. Linux
survival.com for
linux and sqlcourse.com for sql are two that I know of. These tutorials
give live
practice command line/database questions, very helpfull for the
technically
challenged among us who struggle to RTFM.
Would others like to see such sites listed on the Wylug homepage and
does
anyone know of any other live practise sites/programmes for open source
computing,including php?
yours truly
David Morton

Hi,

Lets first move this to the right list. :)

Jim passed me the link for www.linuxsurvival.com sometime ago to review
and maybe link to from the WYLUG website. I reviewed it, couldn't get it
to display right or sensibly under Mozilla, Galeon etc. and it's use of
Java is overkill - So it will not be included on the WYLUG webite at
this time.

I will trawl the web for good tutorial and newbie sites like:

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/

and add them to the WYLUG website ASAP.

Regards

Philip Wyett