[Wylug-help] VIA EPIA 5000 Mini-ITX mainboard

Philip Wyett philipwyett at dsl.pipex.com
16 Feb 2003 17:36:08 +0000

--
On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 22:01, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Anyone else bought one of these little beasties yet?
>
> For those that haven't heard of them, these are basically 500 MHz
> fanless single board computers with most of the features and ports you
> need for around GBP 65.
>
> see
> http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp?motherboardId=21
>
> I haven't tried to fire mine up yet, but before I do I thought that it
> might be a good idea to ask whether anyone else has already worked their
> way through the chipset minefield.  Any takers?
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Not so long ago I took part in using these boards (VIA EPIA 800 to be
precise) to build a 16 node Red Hat 7.3 based OSCAR cluster - Poor mans
super computer :). There were no real show stopper issues that I can
recall, but the following link was a godsend at the time and may prove
helpful too you.

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=68

Regards

Phil