[Wylug-help] Bridge Filtering

Simon Wood Simon.Wood at pace.co.uk
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:32:13 -0000

If you place the ADSL router into bridge mode, the BSD box will have to
be given your public IP address. This will leave the Windoze box out in
the cold (without an IP) and you'd have to bring it into the main network
i.e. behind the BSD firewall.

You appear to have set it up correctly, using the Virtual Server/Port
Forwarding, with Windows in a DMZ.

I have a similar problem (though have only just discovered it after setting
up the router at the weekend - my ssh port forwarding doesn't work).
I'll have another look tonight at my setup.

Two comments I found about Virtual Servers.
1). Router based DHCP server must be off.
2). Router needs to be rebooted for Virtual Servers to work.....

Good luck, and have you remembered to change the default passwords as the
ftp (flash update) is visable from the ADSL side by default (Doh!!).

Simon Wood.