[Wylug-help] Bridge Filtering

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:57:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Daniel Walker wrote:

> This is possible, but it's a slotted processor IIRC - can you still get
> heatsinks for them?

As in a PII proc?
My PII400 ran at 500 for over a year with no fan, just the heatsink that
came with it.  PIIs don't need fans!  The computer had one fan in it, an
8cm one running at 7V placed infront of the hard drive bays. That
provided all the cooling the PII needed.

> Actually, I think the PSU is the noisiest thing in there - it's very old. it
> might be worth replacing it with one of those nice enermax things.

If it's under 250W just rip the fan out. Doesn't get too hot. (Yup, done
that too!).  I've not yet done that to a 300W one (since my enermax is
quiet anyway!).

Steve