[Wylug-help] Smoothwall with UPS

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:38:18 +0000

On Friday 31 Jan 2003 10:26 am, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> On Friday 31 January 2003 8:57 am, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Probably the best/simples idea is to have your server simply ssh a
> > shutdown command to the smoothie.
>
> Thanks Gary.
> I'd toyed with that one (in fact I actually got it going), but every
> document I read on the subject says to avoid passphrase-less ssh if at all
> possible, and I guess I ought to be paranoid since this is my firewall.
>
> Cheers

I and many others use passphrase-less ssh on a regular basis.  It make things
a bit more secure, you could TCPWrap the ssh so it only accepts connections
from your internal box.  This way, people would need to get through your
firewall to your trusted network to be able to use ssh to attack your
firewall.

--
Gary Stainburn