[Wylug-help] Installing games on wine

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:13:31 BST 2003

Hello All,

I am just starting to try out wine. (Usual jokes expected and accepted.)

I am trying to install a game (I bought for my Wife). I mount the
first CD. I run

   wine /cdrom/setup.exe

and the installation process starts, and fails because it does not see
one of the files on the cdrom.

so I cd to /cdrom, and run
   wine setup.exe

This runs, I go through the options screens, and it seems to install
the stuff off CD1.

It stops, and asks me to insert CD2.

I cannot eject the CD 'cos it is mounted.

I cannot umount the CD because it is active with the install process.

Any ideas how I install from the 2nd and third CDs?

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK