[Fwd: Re: [Wylug-help] exim/vacation problem on RH73]

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 13:16:50 BST 2003

[Resent as I missed the list first time]

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 12:41, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> If I set vacation for a user, everything appears to work fine as far as the
> EXIM logs are concerned, the message gets to the user's mailbox, and the
> originator does not receive any error email.

Is vacation run according to the logs?

> However, vacation does not actually generate a reply.  Anyone got any ideas
> why?

Well aside from the user on the pipe transport, you aren't showing a
router (director if you are using an obsolete version of exim) thats
handling .forward

[snip]

> /home/myuser/.forward:
>
> \myuser, "|/usr/bin/vacation myuser"

backslash in front of myuser is not needed, and unless you have a router
to handle that address format won't actually work.  This reinforces the
idea you don't have a .forward handler.

Try doing something like
	exim -d -bt myuser at your.dom.ain

	Nigel.