[Wylug-help] exim/vacation problem on RH73

gARetH baBB hick at gink.org
Thu Jul 17 13:21:37 BST 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> This was set when I first configured exim, from reading docs etc. If I
> remember rightly, it was a security thing.

Running user defined scripts as the exim user/group - which has full
access to the exim config and the mail queue is anything but secure, it's
a glaring hole !

> Anyway, I've tried removing the user=exim, and I've also tried changing the
> permissions to 640, but niether change made any difference.

I'm presuming you've restarted exim.

Else you're using a pipe under aliasfile and not forwardfile for the
.forward - aliasfile doesn't have check_local_user to set the user.