[Wylug-help] RedHat - MySQL - PHP

Emma Hoddinott emma at grgprint.com
Fri Jul 18 11:42:58 BST 2003

I am running a Linux Server with RedHat 7.3 and Apache 1.3.23

MySQL 3.23.49 and PHP 4.1.2.

PHP web pages work fine (giving basic echos and phpinfo) , MySQL works
through a web interface Webmin fine (I can add and remove databases and
tables) .

The problem occurs when I try to run a web page that include PHP trying
to access MySQL.

For example : -

This reference to MySql will not run.

echo "hello";
if (!($database = mysql_connect("localhost", "root")))
{
echo "Could not connect to database";
}
else
{
echo "could";
}

I receive the following error: www.grgprint.com/test.php.

Cannot find server.

Any help on this stumping problem would be appreciated.

Emma

grgprint.com
Unit A, Treefields Industrial Estate
Gildersome
Leeds
LS27 7JU

Tel: 0113 3833888
Fax: 0113 3833889
www.grgprint.com <http://www.grgprint.com/>

  _____

This email and all attachments it may contain is confidential and
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of grgprint.com. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, printing, forwarding or copying
of this email is strictly prohibited.
Please contact the sender if you have received this email in error.
  _____