[Wylug-help] Dabs & Phoenix

Frank Shute Frank Shute <frank at esperance-linux.co.uk>
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:28:11 +0000

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:17:41PM +0000, Daniel Walker wrote:

<snip>

> > BTW, for people who don't know & have problems with Mozilla & some
> > sites you can change your user agent string by editing
> > ~/.mozilla/default/..... /user.js and restarting Mozilla. I've got this in
> > mine:
> <snip>
>
> Presumably some of these would work in Phoenix, too.

I don't know as I don't know how much of Mozilla Pheonix uses but
worth a try. I've put up a page so that people can check their user
agent string:

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/misc/UserAgent.html

The Dabs site seems a lot more functional now that I've set it to:

user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Netscape/4.7 (X11; U; FreeBSD i686; en-US; rv:1.0.3rc; Really Mozilla - stupid RBS) Gecko/20020604");

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

 "There's plenty of women involved in the Linux community, but I would
 imagine few of them are hanging out with a bunch of stinky
 sandal-clad freaks in some basement, reading Linux Journal and
 throwing darts at a picture of BillG."

     - assessment of LUGs on k5