[Wylug-help] Mandrake Update problems

Dawn iverson ailiminguk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 7 May 2003 21:52:56 +0100 (BST)

Hi, I currently have Mandrake 9.0 on my system and
wanted to upgrade to 9.1, but I'm having a few
problems...

I assumed it would be straight forward, so I went
ahead and started the upgrade, but I keep getting
error messages like: "There is a problem installing
package xxx- do you wish to carry on anyway?"

They're pretty vital packages and libraries, so I've
said no. Looking at the console, the error is:

rpmdb: unable to allocate 4151 bytes from mpool shared
region: Connot allocate memory

1)Does anyone know what this means, and how I can
resolve it to get the update onto my system?

The second problem is that now my origional
installation will not boot, so I'm having to fall back
on windoze.

2) Is there any way I can get at my linux files
without having to boot into linux? The main things I
need to back up are my emails and some config files
(for my nvidia graphics card) - where would I find the
config files etc for this? (i don't remember) so I can
just copy and paste them instead of having to go
through it all by hand?

Many thanks for your time

dawn

Yahoo! Plus